Get in touch
International Students



All of èAV’s international students are required to have an Education Guardian in the UK. This is in case we need to make contact with someone who can act on your behalf in an emergency. The Education Guardian needs to be resident in the UK, speak fluent English and in most cases, be over 25 years of age.

Some students choose to use professional guardianship companies, others will nominate a family member or family friend. If you require assistance appointing a suitable guardian, KSS has formed a strategic partnership .

The role of a guardian

The nominated guardian must meet the following minimum criteria:

  • Permanent UK resident (i.e. UK passport holder or with leave to remain)
  • Adult (over 25 years old)
  • Fluent English speaker
  • Available 24/7 in case of emergency
  • Live within two hours’ drive of the college
  • Able to provide the right level of support to the student

The guardian’s details must be included on the accommodation and college registration forms and consent letters. We will contact the guardian before the start of term to ensure that they are fully aware of their responsibilities.

 The guardian will be expected to give parental permission for:

  • Weekend exeats
  • Consent for participation in extracurricular / social activities or trips
  • Changing / altering academic course / subject
  • Extended absence due to ill-health
  • Support dealing with attendance problems in college
  • Support with academic progress – e.g. to arrange supplementary lessons
  • Arranging airport transfers on arrival / departure for each term of study, as required

The guardian will also be expected to deal with emergency student situations, such as:

  • Same day provision of appropriate emergency accommodation should the student be unable to remain in their residence (through ill-health) or to attend college (e.g. due to suspension)
  • Immediate support for medical emergencies – e.g. visit and support the student in hospital; provide consent for medical procedures

 for more information.

“Getting into…’ University Guides

Getting into higher education may be the toughest challenge you’ve faced yet. èAV’s careers guidance and university entrance guides can help you pick the right course and the right university, and give you valuable UCAS form help. Written by experts with a wealth of knowledge, èAV Guides are set out in straightforward language. They give clear, practical advice to help you win a place on the course of your choice.

Read our guides

Find Us


Request a Prospectus, Book an Open Event or Make an Enquiry