Get in touch
International Students

Visa Requirements

Visa Requirements

Unless you are a UK national or from inside the EEA or Switzerland with a valid EU settled status, you will need to have a valid visa before you can start your studies with us.

There are three types of visas that will allow you study in the UK:

  • Student Child visafor students under the age of 18 when they start their courses at èAV.
  • Student visafor students who will be over 18 years of age when they start their courses at èAV and students studying the International Foundation Programme even if they are under 18 years of age.
  • Standard Visitor visafor students wanting to study for up to 6 months.

Student Sponsors: èAV London, Birmingham and Cambridge are able to sponsor students for both Child and Student visa routes.

If you need to apply for a Student visa to study with us, you must:

  • Have an unconditional offer for a place at èAV.Contact usto apply or for more information.
  • Provide us with all required documents:
    • a copy of the passport photo page and any previous UK visas
    • an English language qualification
    • a recent school report or transcript and/or any certificates from any public school examinations you have taken
  • Provide us with information about the details of your UK Educational Guardian
  • A letter from your parents consenting to your studying and living independently in the UK if you are under 18 at the time of visa application
  • Receive a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from the èAV International Admissions Officer
  • Review and sign the Registration Form and pay the required deposit and registration fee.

Please note that we may also request to see copies of any documents required to submit the visa application. This includes bank statements or letters, birth certificates and information about your parents.

Immigration rules for students can change unexpectedly so it is important that you review the Guidance and application procedures which can befound on the. Our Visa Compliance Team will also be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding obtaining a visa to study at èAV.

“Getting into…’ University Guides

Getting into higher education may be the toughest challenge you’ve faced yet. èAV’s careers guidance and university entrance guides can help you pick the right course and the right university, and give you valuable UCAS form help. Written by experts with a wealth of knowledge, èAV Guides are set out in straightforward language. They give clear, practical advice to help you win a place on the course of your choice.

Read our guides

Find Us


Request a Prospectus, Book an Open Event or Make an Enquiry